Toward a Deeper Understanding of “Eating Locally”
Since we created our groundbreaking local purchasing program in 1999, the farm-to-table movement has gone mainstream. Bon Appétit has sought to go beyond just purchasing locally to create a program that can have broader impacts that support sustainability, social justice, and community resiliency.
Get Rooted: 9 Root Vegetables to Try Cooking this Week
Root vegetables are the foundation of countless delicious dishes, bringing depth and earthy flavor to your plate. As we celebrate Eat Local Challenge by getting rooted in local, explore the versatility of root vegetables at home.
- Breakfast Mon-Fri, 7:00 am - 10:30 am
- Brunch Sat-Sun, 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Lunch Mon-Fri, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Dinner Mon-Thu, 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Dinner Fri, 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Dinner Sat, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Dinner Sun, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An Overview of the Upper Commons
Classics – All the comforts of great home cooking
Our selections at the Classics station provides the hearty meal that everyone always wants to know is available. This station is just plain good old-fashioned
food done well.
Global – A celebration of culinary cultural diversity
Featuring fresh ingredients matched with timeless techniques and authentic flavors from the global village. Our offerings will be cooked-to-order with
precise kitchen skills and a bit of flashy entertainment. Global offers a sampling of dishes from around the world.
Cucina – Hot-from-the-oven pizza, daily pasta creations and more
Grill – Featuring our 100% fresh ground chuck
burgers and more
In addition to the popular standard items, The Grill will feature daily specials.
Stacks – A create-your-own deli bar
Everything you need to create authentic deli-style sandwiches are the mainstay for Stacks, offering a variety of meats, cheeses and spreads, in-house baked
breads and rolls, plus accompaniments.
Greens – Fresh and bountiful salad bar
Some have proclaimed the death of the salad bar; we couldn't disagree more! Greens will feature fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables, made from
scratch specialty salads and dressings, in-house baked croutons and bagel chips and a whole lot more. Each day you will have the opportunity to create your own fresh, flavorful salad plate, always with the very best the season and our kitchen has to offer.
Also available at the Upper Commons
• Memorable bowls of soups made with the finest and freshest ingredients – from stock to garnish.
• Vegetarian dishes offering a variety of seasonal vegetables, beans, whole grains and more.
• Visit our dessert cart for the ultimate decadent experience.
• Locally roasted Solude coffees is the centerpiece of our beverage selection.
• A made-without-gluten-containing-ingredients station, featuring soup, pizza, dessert, and more.